Sunday, October 23, 2005

Lace Leaf Pullover

This was a super fast, easy project. The pattern came from Teva Durham's book Loop-D-Loop although I got the pattern out of the summer edition of Interweave. The suggested yarn was super elusive so instead I used 2 strands of worsted weight yarn held together. One was Araucania Nature Wool in color 27 and the other was some green wool by Patons. It worked out really well because the 2 strands of worsted got pretty much the same guage as the recommended yarn. I also changed the pattern around a bit so I could knit in the round because i haaaate purling. I'm pretty happy with the final product but it's still not exactly like the one in the magazine. I always seem to have these romantic ideas of how a pattern will turn out and how once I make them and wear them I'll automatically have the same allure and wistful look as the models in the books. It rarely turns out that way, though. I usually end up in some weird pose looking a bit, well, off.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

Looks great!! It's so cool to see all the varations on this sweater since it seems no one has used the recommended yarn!! I love the color & the fit on you!

Oh & your clap looks lovely too!! :)

5:08 PM  
Blogger Jade said...

Hi,
Just wanted to say your Lace Leaf looks gorgeous. I like your Clapotis too.

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home