Sunday, February 26, 2006

on cotton yarn and arthritis


Well I'm still truckin' with raspy. This project has made me less of a fan of cotton yarn because it hurts to knit with. I've never had my fingers cramp up while knitting but they actually start to after about 15 minutes with this stuff. Oi. I feel like the guage this sweater uses is a bit too loose for this yarn and so I have to knit really really tightly to keep from having random loose stitches. But it's coming along. I finished the front last week and it's insanely long...27 inches! It comes to almost mid thigh on me so i'm really hoping that this 20% shrinkage rule is accurate. If not i may just have to give it to my sister as a dress. Ha. I'm about halfway through the back and now I'm starting to worry that I'll run out of yarn. I bought 11 balls of the den-M-knit from elann.com which is the amount needed for the smallest size, but my guage is a bit smaller than the pattern so it might be pushing it. Luckily this yarn is made specially for elann so i think they should always have some on hand.

Anyways, here's a pic of the front pinned to my shirt just for fun. I dunno, I was bored and wanted to see how long it was going to be. And I guess this confirms that, yes, it's long.

Hmm what else...ah yes. I was suckered into buying more yarn. I saw this pattern and just had to buy the yarn for it (which I found on sale on another site muahaha).


And then I bought this malabrigo because, well, because I JUST HAD TO DO IT! The color is "little lovely" and it's goooooooorgeous. I'm thinking of making the hourglass sweater out of it if I ever get the pattern.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home