Wednesday, March 08, 2006

ugh

Well, I finished the back of the Raspy sweater. I dunno why but it seemed to take twice as long as the front, although it's much smaller (we'll get into that later). I think when I first start a project I jump in with vigor and optimism and uh, hope but then after about, oh I don't know, 12 hours of knitting the dream just sorta fades. And you're left with the blunt, unattractive realization that the back of the sweater you've been working so feverishly on and dreaming about and whatnot, is a full FOUR INCHES SHORTER than the front. HOW THE HELL DOES THIS HAPPEN?? I used the exact the same needles, the exact same yarn, hell I even knit during the same shows so there shouldn't have been any differences in stress level. Like, you know how sometimes when you're watching shows like ER or Lost and it get's really tense and you're knitting gets tighter and tighter and tighter? Well that wasn't it. I don't know what happened. I've spent so much time knitting this stupid sweater on size 6 needles (which is TINY for me, ok?!) and I don't really know what to do. I guess I'll go ahead and finish the sleeves then see how it all works together. Maybe a good bit of stretching will work. If not, I'll frog and knit it again in the round because that way you can't get two different sizes! Oof.

On a happier note, I'm working on the Hourglass Pullover from Last Minute Knitted Gifts, which is coming along very nicely because it's in the round. Ha. That's the only way I can make sweaters. I'm using the malabrigo I got a few weeks ago and it's sooooo nice. It may just be my first favorite yarn. Until now I've never really looooved any yarn I've worked with but this stuff may just change my mind. We'll see how it holds up to wear (I've heard it's pilly).

And this is just an example of how crafty my family is. This is a, uh, thing that my sister made my mom in I dunno, clay class or something. She gave it to her for mother's day. Aww, very cute, right?













Then my dad got hold of if and, erm, decided it needed to be more "life like." Yeah, they're kidney beans. Creative, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home